My name is Christine, owner of Treesnail Natural Essentials and an entrepreneur by the very nature of my soul. I am the wife and business partner to my forever lobster (Michael, who is also Treesnail’s videographer, guinea pig, and all things creative genius) and the mommy to two incredibly spirited little girls of my dreams.
I have been making natural products to sell via ecommerce since 2013 and have sold on Etsy, Shopify, Wix, Pattern, Squarespace, Ecohabitude, Wanelo, and am planning to give Woocommerce a shot…after my girls are in school (I am but a one person show, after all).
My formal college degree is in K-12 Art Education and I have some solid brag years of teaching high schoolers prior to becoming a mama bear. My no-fluff teaching style and background helps other busy stay at home moms build their own online empires as efficiently as possible (and I don’t even have to tell you to put your cell phone away, as with my previous teacher life…bonus points for us both!).
(Making cold process soap.)
So…why shift again to online teaching?
Developing this handmade business has made it possible for me to stay home with my girls. I want that for you. I so desperately want that for you.
I want you to be able to make money from home without having your head in a computer all day, putting your few precious hours into an unsustainable, fleeting #momhustle that leaves all your friends burnt out on constant invites to FB sales parties. That’s my why.
The world needs:
- more companies and products without life-threatening, allergy-producing, toxic crap
- more people to spread the word about natural living
- more communities thriving with the help of small, local businesses
The world needs:
- more kids that have a solid, grounded beginning to life
- more parents that are present and invested in their childrens’ intellectual and emotional development
- more families that learn and grow together to create a solid unit of togetherness and support that seems to be fading into today’s society
This online empire of yours (that we’ll create together!) helps all those things happen. That’s my why.
(Work while they sleep, adventures while they’re awake…#workfromhomemomlife.)
It took me six years to bring my ecommerce business to where it is now. I spent a ridiculous amount of time experimenting with different ingredients, researching the best vendors, testing out my products, learning all of the various ecommerce platforms…there’s no time for you to do that as a stay at home mom (I mean, if you want to see a return anytime soon).
There’s absolutely no reason you should have to put in that preliminary work (and money) for a scalable business model when I already have. I’m alllll about using my teaching background and business-building experience to help you create your own empire. In a fraction of the time. I mean, hello. I’m a stay at home mom. You and I both know efficiency is the key to getting ANYTHING done.
I’m here to fast-track your journey to success. That’s my why, too.
Well, if you’re reading down this far, I suppose you wanna be friends. *Warm fuzzies*
In case ya wanna know…
- I make coffee so thick that my husband calls it syrup. You’ve been warned.
- I live for Cabernet so dry that it makes me choke.
- My nickname in high school was Weiner. As in, Christiner-Weiner. Pretty unfortunate. But it rhymes.
- I birthed both my girls using the Hypnobirthing Method…before Meghan Markle made it a thing. I think that makes me the trend setter without the credit.
- I would be okay with only hearing Dave Matthews, Iron & Wine, Jeff Buckley, Peter Simon, Simon & Garfunkel, and Alanis Morisette for the rest of my life. I adore them. (Now guess how old I am.)
- I used to be a rock-band-photographer-wannabe and would stand *this-close* to speakers at concerts. Without ear plugs. I said goodbye to 40% of my hearing in exchange for some pretty awesome pictures, which means we’ll have to chat via email, text, or our private Facebook Group. Sound good? (See what I did there?)
(Just a *bit* excited to breathe out my 2nd Hypno Baby.)